Wednesday, November 4, 2009

And now for something just a little different...

Pale clouds float
betwixt silv'ry moon
and silvered earth,
the breath of life
whisp-etched icy wakes
hang in the still air.

Orbit and counter,
the shadows pace
their appointed rounds.

Dark and light,
Yin and Yang,
greater and lesser
spirit and soul
boldness and caution
each within their heart
mirrors the other.


I don't often write blatent poetry - It usualy sucks rather nastily. Not, perhaps, today.

Awakened in the very early hours by invading chill, the girls decided that, seeing as I was up, it was a good time to see about their business. Under an immaculate clear sky, the full moon flooded the neighborhood with a clear silver light, bringing to ghostly life the frost-gilt landscape. The girls left pale breath-cloud wakes in the still air. The magical illumination gave substance to their forms, whilst redacting inconsequential detail. All I witnessed were two kindred spirits, the same yet different, dark and light, large and small, bold and shy, dominant and submissive, as they orbited; checking their perimeters, each other, me.


In perhaps-related news, Suka came to me this morning, and dropped a ball at my feet, backed off, and barked - tail wagging and eyes bright. In the nearly fifteen months I've known her, this is a first.

8 comments:

Holly said...

"the girls", I like the sound of that.

and barking/playing ball. Another first...is this also due to 'Kota?

MaskedMan said...

I daresay it is. Dakota's arrival has unlocked whole new vistas in Suka's psyche.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow. Stunning. I'm not sure what impressed me the most...the gorgeous, descriptive poetry or that you saw and felt all that while outside letting your dogs go potty.
Me thinks maybe I should wake up earlier in the morning, too.

~Lisa

ps I was just reading over some old comments and came across this one you left:
"I think Sid looks like a party, waiting for a place to happen".
I can't even begin to tell you how much that tickles me and makes me grin from ear to ear. It describes Sid perfectly. Even with all of his personality flaws, his bad boy, handsome good looks make it easy to overlook them. lol!

I'm planning to do a chick update late tonight and will be sure to include some Sid pics...just for you. hehe!

MaskedMan said...

Sometimes, Stuff just hits me. Most often, I'm merely watching to see that they're safe and in good health, and to ensure they're not waking the neighborhood or indulging in objectinable behaviors. But nights like that really demand something more... Magic needs to be acknowledged.

MaskedMan said...

Oh, and I still think Sid is awesome. Our state bird is the Delaware Blue Hen Chicken, a unreliably-manifesting type of game cock. When they do produce to type, they're extremely colorful and striking.

The Wades said...

You're so awesome! I loved the poem. I think that's crazy about Suka and the ball. Fun.

AKDD said...

Nice.

I am so TOTALLY not the only one in the family who can write. Pretty work, bro. Very pretty.

MaskedMan said...

Ah! But my inspirations strike less frequently. Seriously, writing is usually *work* for me. But when the mood strikes, I can't not write. I guess I'm more of a softy than my exterior image might suggest - Most of what moves me to write are poetic or emotional images. ;)


Michelle, thanks! And yeah, it was totally unexpected... I frnkly had given up on Suka ever being a 'ply' kinda dog. Never say never, I guess...