Saturday, January 10, 2009

TV Time - Or - How many living things will fit on one couch?

OK, so the title gives it away. Watching Star Wars ( the most recent 'Lucas Edit' - Han Solo shot first, dammit! Not second, no mater how close. :-p ), and my daughter dropped onto the couch next to me. Then my son dropped down next to her, so daughter moves closer, to get awy from brother-cooties. Or because he's been pestering her all day, and she's fed-up. Soon enough, tired & worn out daughter snuggles in a bit closer and starts to nod-off. Then Shadow, one of the cats, climbs my leg (yes, it hurts - I'm used to it, though), and sets up camp on the shoulder/chest side where I *don't* have a child dozing. Then Suka climbs up onto the back of the couch, more-or-less wedging herself between my son and daughter. Then, to completely overload the couch with life, my wife sits down on the end of the couch, budging my son over into the dog's space, leaving Suka draped across both kids.

Final score - Couch is now holding a total of four people, one dog, and one cat. There was room for the other two cats, but they aparently aren't George Lucas fans.
:-p

Oh, and it wouldn't matter even if my camera were working - No one to take the photo, as we were all comfortably wedged onto the couch.
:-p, again.

6 comments:

Holly said...

gotta love all the lovin', right?

Since you are coughing up goo anyway, does this mean that you are better or that you can no longer take a deep enough breath to cough deeply?

MaskedMan said...

I normally like to sprawl, but I do love me some cozy, relaxed snuggles, and my kids can be very sweet - when they're not trying to kill one another. ;-)

I do feel quite a bit better, but I've still got some lingering crud down deep in. In all likelihood, what I really had was a mild bout of pneumonia, based upon how long it's taking, and the amount of crap I've brought up. Hindsight, and all that, I 'spose. It never got near any of the danger indicators that say 'Hie thee off to the medic, post-haste!,' and I'm usually smart enough to heed those signs when I get them.

I suppose I'll be hacking up some crud for a bit more - Ever since my submarine days, my sinuses and lungs don't clear like they might; I sucked down too many lungs-full of various sorts of nasty over the years, and have some scarring.

The Wades said...

Sounds like one loving family to me!

I just want you to know how much I enjoy the comments you leave on my blog. They're informative and interesting and just fun. Thanks for taking the time. So you live in Delaware? I bet you are freezing there. And to think I complain about the cold in NM!

Michelle :)

MaskedMan said...

You're more than welcome! I love what y'all do and how y'all live, and, based upon the support y'all get, I'd say I'm not the only one what feels that way. ;-) Even when you're worried sick, you're still entertaining and fun to read.

It *is* a bit cool up this way, yeah. Nothing like what my sister in Minnesota is facing, much less what my sister in Alaska (AKDD of VetOnTheEdge) has to deal with... But still rather more chill than we'd normally experience. I find it kind of funny, in a way - My neighbors are all pulling into their shells like so many frost-bit turtles; I'm turfing out my closets looking to find the cold weather gear I haven't needed in years, and looking forward to a bit of snow, so I can at least get to wear some of the stuff again, if only for a few days. ;-) Yeah, I'm not right in the head. So sue me. ;-D

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

There was one in the bd and the little one said...roll over....

lol!

A couch full of love! What could be better than that?

(Maybe a bed with lots of room to sprawl? lol)

Good for you being such a good sport and sharing :)

~Lisa
aka~Rapunzel

Colleen said...

That's what I miss most about my dog... the cuddling on the couch! I got some of that while I was home on break, but my dog passed away over a year ago, and it wasn't the same. My husband won't even let me get a cat... but if he doesn't agree to one, he might just come home to one soon!