Saturday, August 22, 2009

Guess who has the doggie magic?

My wife. :p

I confess to a bit of jealousy - I'M supposed to be the handler around here! Never the less, Jenn has gotten Dakota to eat properly - By holding her bowl for her. It wasn't the height - We ran that experiment. I can't get it to work - We ran that expeiment, too. It's not the kibble - We've got multiple samples to work from - With me, it doen't matter which kibble. With Jenn, it didn't matter which kibble, either. :p :p :p Well, Dakota is opening up fast, and is showing herself to be a love bug. So it's not like I'm denied a little affection from her, too.

Anyway, we can conclude that it was Jenn that made the difference. Dakota felt safe to eat, when Jenn held the food. This doesn't apply to training treats - Dakota will take those from anyone. Just to real 'food.' Guess who just got promoted to Dakota's #1 trainer? Heh heh heh!

Jenn is truly smitten, I believe. She pouted and made faces at me when I pointed this out, but confessed it true. If Dokota is, as I suspect, her heart dog, well, that'll make things a good deal more simple, in sorting out the differences bewteen Suka and Dakota.

All to the good!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Yay for Dakota and yay for Jenn!

MaskedMan said...

With Jenn showering attention on Dakota, Suka's calmed down considerably. Jenn has her very own "My Dog." Suka's jealousies have been appeased. I have peace in the house, and my "My Dog" is a lot happier now.

And it looks like we get to have my much longed-for Shiloh in the house without dealing with all the 'Puppy Problems."

Dang, with all that 'win' going on, what's next?